tree

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

i've been away...

from the blogger world, and well, I've missed it.

there is something i have discovered about creativity... whether it be creativity as a mother, or a mailman or a beermaker or a pastor or an artist, writer, photographer... when you spread yourself too thin you are sucked dry. I've been dry as a writer. and I want to come back.

Since I was blogging last, I got married. this was the first reason that I switched to tumblr because my old blog included my old name, & as a friend once said "I want to be about what my husband is about" -- I wanted to embrace his name, in the same way that I embrace our life together. Since writing on blogspot, I out a couple other "venues" to write. nothing was quite the same though as this. I couldn't find my other blogger friends easily. I couldn't share their words or let their words inspire me as easily because I didnt have this fat little stacked collection on the browser were I could peek in and see when they "updated". I want back in. Let me back.

I knew it was time to write again because I kept shampooing peoples hair imagining what I would write about them if I just could get my hands on a keyboard. I have been writing in my head. and then a few people confessed that they have been going, sometimes, to my old blogger home chelsgentry.blogspot.com, and rereading my old posts and I began missing that old spot where I landed for years.

i have also been inspired by other writers. they say to write well you must read much and when I read three of my dearest friends thankfulness here: 3000gifts.blogspot.com, or this wisdom: tammydykstra.blogspot.com , & my friends words at jkenglishsessions.blogspot.com I would remember the years we would collect our paintings on white lined paper, paintings made with words and I would feel thick with excitement as I read hers and I knew, I must come back. I must write. I was made for this.

and so I hope I am able to. I hope I am able to glorify Jesus and make him big here. I have been thinking so much lately about how when I die I hope that my words either typed or written are one thing that can point people toward Jesus... because if I point people toward Jesus I have succeeded in all my long years here on earth. If you are reading this, thank you for joining me. again.

Chelsea Garter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!