tree

Friday, August 5, 2016

The gardener

I wish you could make my hands make like you 

You were the first door I pushed through 
The first fight I won 
The womb pushed me from you after I grew into myself 
But even though I am now woman
I still want my hands to be like yours 

They have changed lately
The skin is softer 
I noticed right away and the way your arms changed shape while your hair grew in pale 
like a flu 
At your temple 

But your eyes have become more and more brilliant 
The way you talk about the soil
And the gifts it gives you after you soften in like meat 
Tapping at its skin 

Together I think the soil and you have an understanding 
You both birth color 

This is where the fields come from 
The flowers inside me 
The want to create like you do
To pull something from the earth 
Like you pulled me from yourself

I want to be beautiful after all this work you gave me with your hands 

__the least I could do





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!