tree

Thursday, April 7, 2016

I left my Azalea bush for two nights 
It went unwatered only that long 
And when I came home all of its petals looked like soggy paper 
Downcast and limp

Wilted 

Do not tell me that God did not make some of us to need water every day
And some to only need it once a month
Our root systems are different you know
And your hard exterior does not make you better prettier or stronger 

Some plants need no sun
Some need full sun and moist soil everyday 
It was his plan you know to make everyone different 

And I beg your pardon but

Who told you it was okay for you to tell a plant you plan on making it stronger and better by starving it of all of the gentleness softness and sweetness that can make it live 

I wilt without full sun And moist roots
And I have spent too long being ashamed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!