tree

Sunday, June 19, 2016

"I'm over here "
He called out to the cops as they 
With their guns at their hips like soldiers circled the garage 

She was going to leave him 
Because recently his behavior was different 
She had taken a few strokes across the face and wasn't about to take more 
Slowly she would take the boxes she told him
Maybe it was his slow attempt to push her away because he had a gun rattling for his attention on a drawer somewhere

"It wasn't because she was going to leave me" he had stated in the letter 
And on Facebook it says in his status that he loves wood, and Cindy

She could hear the gunshots from where they had put her in the back of the police car And he requested to not be remembered at all 
Cremation
No gravestone 
No funeral 

I was probably mixing my Mac and cheese over Lindsey's stove when it happened or taking in air as I slept 
And his spirit was leaving his body 
Cindys hands pressed to her face 

_You can never save a man he must resolve it himself 



1 comment:

  1. mouth agape. this one sounds like I should have read it in a book I shoved my face in at Barnes n noble it's that real and good

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!