tree

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Ally Suzer

i remember the waiting in your home
my mind was a beesnest
your home
a haven
the fan blew in peace every night and I relearned how to sleep

we slept so close to each other
you slowly became that sister I had always asked my mother for

you with braces and a torso that fit my cotton

i remember the long drive way
muffins at doorways
the long cast of the lawn and Kirt who kept it
the man who was a hermit with the home crowded with lamplight
and the old lady who dropped off ornaments and lived verses
the time I made cake out of black beans
my mind awake with confusion 
found a tiny drug of love in your family

you were a child then
and i was growing out of one

and now you sit here 
your hair falling over your shoulders
your arms long like your legs
all of you coming to a soft placed called

_woman


1 comment:

  1. oh chelsea. this is beautiful. i am guessing this about gangly lovely a.k.s.?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!