tree

Thursday, June 9, 2016

W

Wesley,

You and your wife have grown on me

Her with her timely straight sentences and interior design sense
the way she always makes me feel like i'm by a fireplace

and you with vigor say every word like liquor

Carefully I've taken the top of your hair to finger length and hers to honey

I'm fond of you and your cussing
Cigarette breath
The half empty cup of coffee you always leave in the eating room 
The bark on your chin and the curve of your back from the surgeries and age 

Yesterday
With a twenty dollar bill and hug you said goodbye 

And Oceans Springs will take you like oceans do

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!