tree

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Rowsters Series: something I wrote but never posted...

its a series Im dedicating to my Dad--who, amongst other things like a flat chest and long torso--gave me a passion for adventure, travel, and a love for God.

He, next to my hippie (very hip) mother was the one who introduced me at a young age to the battlefields of Gettysburg and the gravestones of New England marking the life and death of leaders of our past;

mountains of
Colorado

wide open sky of
Montana

Yosemite and its Mighty Neck

Bison of the Dakotas

from there I traveled the world, much to my Fathers dismay.

Did you know, Dad? I always thought you were hardcore
you skied in jeans with minimal layering and almost died in a flood in Estes Park
what more could a daughter want in a Father
a Father passionate about jazz, beer, prayer

God.

i believe it is the things we view as bigger than us that make us passionate
they make us chase
keep us going

and also, places that take the breath out of us.

These images, these paintings are a symbol of that
and I pray you find the same thing greater than yourself that I have found that will make you chase, turn back from bad decisions, thirsty for beauty

like I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!