tree

Thursday, November 26, 2015

J

You
Are far away

Puncturing the English culture with your Bengali American flare 
Bustling around 

I see you there in the park
Snipping at pine trees with your small scissors 
Maybe wearing long and green Hunter boots
On your tiptoes
Olive beside you, or some such child 

The table is set
I can't imagine because I have just got up
But hey
That is the difference between here and there 
The ocean stretching his legs out between us 
Not building a bridge 

I wish everyone knew what I knew about you
You are strong
Yet kind and so
People don't always know

You've been thinking about this meal all week and yet 
When people enter your home
You will greet them which such comfort that
They'll think your home always looks this warm this cozy this handsome 
That you possibly just whipped the food up
They'll feel this way because you,J, will love them

And it will outweigh the food
Or the decor
Though those pine nips are adorable

1 comment:

  1. oh chels. How did I just find this now? what an honor and a gift to be known by you, to be given carefully written words by you, I feel so special. I love you so much and this was such a teeny jewel for me to read and tuck in my heart's pocket. thank you. and i wish you were here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!