tree

Monday, July 4, 2016

I had to collect myself 
My lung was in the front yard 
And my heart was on the staircase 

I had secured them to the wrong place on my body 
Because my eyes were torn from tears

It took a month to start feeling normal 
People said things like 
"Everything happens for a reason" 
And 
"All is well" 

I wondered if there was a God 
I shook my fist at him for all the years I hadn't saw repair 
I talked to a God and asked him questions because I knew that he was there 

He just kept looking at me 
Slowly drying my tears day and night while I couldn't breathe 
He didn't have to fix it 
I just had to realize 
He's doing all of it with me 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!