tree

Monday, July 4, 2016

"I see you've been painting a lot lately 
Is that becoming your idol?"
He whispered in my ear 
The warm of his voice was almost fire
Dank breath and crusty words 

"It is true"
I say
" I have been painting a lot lately
Color has taught me to breathe again"

"But shouldn't Jesus be the one that helps your breath? Shouldn't you rely on him more than your paint?"

I considered this, sitting shoulder to shoulder with the shadow 
Uncomfortable
Trying to weigh if this was conviction or guilt
His breath curling around me like a lip on a lip 

"Well, I see your point 
Dark Shadow,
But just now I remembered that 
He was the one who gave me all of this color
And told me everytime I use it 
He smiles 
And so I'll continue I think His words 
And not these new ones you've thrust on me" 

1 comment:

  1. the accuser is such a dirty bastard. yeah. i said it. keep creating chelsea. that is more like the Creator than the destroyer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!