tree

Monday, February 27, 2017

..

I like to be safe 
So when we arrive to the water fall and the water is green and cold and max mentions cliff jumping I feel like I'm shrinking 

He cannot wait to try 
He tells me to photograph him and he strips down to his coral striped suit and flicks his hair off his forehead and goes for it 
With vigor

I feel like I might throw up if I didnthe jump like he does 
He watches someone plunge from even higher and I hear his whisper 
I have to do that 
And I wilt 
Steadying the camera
My pulse quickening 
Hoping I don't have to carry home a quadriplegic all the way through the airport into Michigan 

(Maybe I'm thinking of wheelchairs and quads because of this book I'm reading, I'm not really sure. It's a romance novel okay. Nothing medical or about wild birds or South American waves so don't seem to interested.) 

I like to be safe 
But I also like to make people happy 

So I jump in 
I waddle over to the rope swing
I take a dive 
I swim to stand under the waterfall while he takes a picture because he wants to take a picture but I do not cliff jump 
There are a lot of people watching after all
And I cannot let them all down 
I let the water dribble over me and tell max that I feel as if I do not cliff jump he will be let down
And that is not the reason I want to do it 

He looks me in the face and tells me to look at him closely 
He says I don't want you to ever do it for me
Ever 
Only if you wanted to 
And so I put a towel on and remark how very cold I am all of a sudden and very done with the water 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!