tree

Friday, February 24, 2017

My friend, the Sun how I love and hate you

The sand is dark here 
Sort of the color of a camels butt
Not white or khaki like some beaches
Dense and damp 
With a clay consistency 
There is no one standing around combing the beach of all the dead leaves 
There are spots where the sand is packed down from traffic
Feet sluffing over and over 
The surfers with their thongs made of wet suits and the men with their golden hair, untamed, unbrushed 
All of this lends me more understanding of my husband 
And myself 

--- 

I guess I like that
The sun shifts his weight around 
That throughout the day you have to move your towel a bit if you don't want to come up from the beach the color of a rose petal dipped in lipstick 

The back of my legs have already taken a good slapping from the sun and I was in shade so thank you my Irish heritage 

I wish I could get blasted by Sun
Laying full out naked absorbing every ray 
Because I'm always so bloody cold 
I think this could solve my problem 

Instead I'm hiding from it so I don't spend all of tomorrow in bed
Bruised from the raking of its fingers over and over my thighs 

I wish I could hug the sun but you're probably my thinking like my husband does 
That is just ridiculous 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!