tree

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Anniversary

You are not my first draft 
You are my last and my first 

You must be the one to extract the teeth of my fear and read on and on about where I best grow and experiment with These roots 
The sun the shade the amount of water that will help me grow firm and strong and proud and colorful 
For this I am both glad and sorry 

Sorry that it will be hard 
That I have not had the time yet to take out the kinks of my fabric
That life has not been a hot enough iron to smooth me
That the water has not run over my edges enough times 
But 
I am glad that we will be a parade of messy years by the end 
And I am sure your hand will still be in mine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!