tree

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Not about your sister

Like a piece of leather 
Sharp and tight
Like your body 

Everything on you is in the right place and I am wearing a wrinkled jacket that i was excited about, a TShirt and boots that I've had for far too long but they're pointed and so I felt fashionable enough 

What.

Will I fit in here? 
Can I bring some sense of normalcy here? Authenticity? 

Am I judging you by even asking these questions somehow putting myself above you

When really how I feel is 
Not good enough 
Ugly
Frumpy
Like a cozy sweater 
And hair that just saw sand on a beach 


1 comment:

  1. i love it. and you. and all the parts of you. and no one is above or below you. i love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!