tree

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Stranger, friend.

"Hello"

I say simply, using his name. 

He never looks at me. Even now he looks past me at the chapters of cookies lining the back wall and I wonder if he even heard me. 

"Thank you for serving today," he says, letting the wind of his suit coat brush my arm. 

It is always this way, 
Even
Last week when I touched his wife's belly in the dessert line and remarked at the color of his childs hair and how dark it's become 
Still his eyes travel past me, never on me 
Never resting on me 

I wonder sometimes 
Have I offended him in some way 
Or is it his careful way of making sure to stay home 
Or a habit he's created to protect himself from further conversation 
Maybe he hates small talk as much as I do

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!