tree

Thursday, March 31, 2016

She pointed directly on the map
To where we were 

Always an uptight woman 
I remember her telling us about how she vacuumed the hair out of her bathtub and made it sound 
To us, age seven 
Like the normal womanly ritual
If you were to be a good wife and all 

Little does she know now I don't even clean my house 
I pay someone else 

Things were said about how well dressed she was--sturdy and careful and always
Always always modest 
The bees were trapped in her dark forest of hair
And she pointed directly at the map
To where we were 
And said 
We were the Mother of all of them 

I remember sitting a little taller then 
Importantly stroking my jean skirt or fingering the red silk sash that held all of my accomplishments 

I remember how important we were 

__the cult that raised me 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!