tree

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

L

My boss noticed too
The way your tone carried your story into the room 
She asked me about you at the color bar 

It may have been about the time spent in Colorado and the way it left you without the horses, the pigs, the ranch

And every organ in you 
Empty and angry
He tried to kill you, you say
And point at the hair on your head, explaining how now we will have to cut it short because it falls out every two years 
Because of the poison he wasted on you
While you breathe

I think it is only the river that makes you happy
The base of your boat is the man in your life 
He carries you

The river,
Just the two of you intertwined as lovers 
He grabs at your finger tips when you put them deep in his skin 

He died, you say
In your basement after giving you a ring

I had To remind you about him
that a real man does exist 
After you say the man you are with has made you hate men
And I always ask you why your still there 
Hating him 
In your home 

You like that he talks back, 
That's everything

your walls don't respond with a voice and you say that yes you two will kayak together this summer
In the river
Where your voices carry across the water 
As if there is more 

But it is
The voice that comes from your bones 
The bones without water 
The bones without breathing 
The bones without blood 

I want to see you live
But don't know how to tell you

My boss noticed too
That you need more
That it will be at the right time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!