tree

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

J

I think the devil has always been on the quest to crowd out his little mind 
I remember the OCD even at an early age
The tears
The mouth that would not speak for fear of saying the wrong line 

The devil
For some reason
Had his eye on you
 Deceptive and eager to
pack the cerebrum with lies
The pesky thief I hate you 

I watch J press his palm to his forehead 
"I just want to be free from these thoughts" his forehead bent and eyes filled with tears 
As he lay there 
Motionless
Hollow

And then he tells me every skeleton
The ones that hang wearing fear
The things he's kept trapped between his rob cage and lungs because he was afraid to put them into the air 

And I pray under my breath as I climb the stairs and lay down on the floor next to him 
"Give me words" 


... 

It is my mission to take some of the load 
To wear it
For him
So he doesn't have to bear it all 

In the same way Jesus took all of mine 
Let me have a little of your fear
Until you can see clear enough 
To let Jesus have yours too. 

1 comment:

  1. oh chelsea. you are an amazing sister. if only every struggling young man had a sister like you to be on his team..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!