tree

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

J2

He lay there 
Crooked like a fetus 
The blankets attached with nail and hammer to cover the windows 
So he could sleep
And so he could think 

His eyes were always large like mine and today they were large and afraid 
Everyone always told him wow what a pretty child you are and so when we were young I told him we were the same him and I 
Bonded in a way 

And It was true 
There was something about his mind that I always understood 
I counseled him for hours when he was six or seven sitting in the crook of the armchair next to me 
Unable to process my words because he couldn't process his thoughts 

... 

You forget sometimes 
That you're needed 
You plug your calendar full of things 
When he is alone 
In his bedroom 
Every single morning 
With no one to talk to
Alone with his thoughts 

He told me once 
That when I leave
It is depressing 

And so now 
I've whittled the list down even more 
(It keeps getting smaller) 
For fear of missing him.
Of missing out. 
Of not being there when someone with the same blood
Is asking. 

1 comment:

  1. wow wow chelsea. piercing. sobering. beautiful. a reminder to myself too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!