tree

Friday, October 14, 2016

All of this

we celebrate with rings and wine and social media 
The two long haired blondes who have just decided that forever 
No matter what may come 
They will get through it 

2. 
We cry
As your monitor beeps 
Your chin quivers 
You pull up the white sheet around your chest 
Nurses and drs in and out in and out collecting your time collecting your blood collecting your data so they can give you your news 
I don't want to know how long you will still be here 
And I do not want to remember you sick
I want to remember the grandpa who set up the train around the tree at Christmas 
Who rubs grandmas feet and legs when they hurt 
Who helps her put on her shoes and opens every door
The one who refuses to let someone else pay for our meal
The hidden cistern you must have in your belly for the jokes you create 
Not afraid to say how you feel 
My birthday present 

3. 
Life is marked by beauty and death
Both linger together as lovers 
Making the beauty more beautiful 

4. 
I'll become better through this 
Not bitter 

5. 
And this week and the next we will put our entire life on Davis in boxes and carry them to a new home 
Next to the river 
On willow dr. 

6. 
Through all of this I think of you
And how you must be hurting 
And I'm sorry. 

7. 
All of this
Is part of this life we call short 
What can we make of it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a lil sumthin! Im so grateful that you even read my words and I hope they inspire and draw you closer to Jesus!